It is easy to spend a lot of money every year on a gorgeous yard. These five tips will help you save money for both the current and future gardening seasons.
1. So you can plan your vegetable garden according to what your neighbors are planting, so you can share your veggies when they are ready. Sometimes I had too many vegetables to share with my friends because they were all ripe.
2. For your flowerbeds, choose perennials over annuals. You can cut them down and share your beautiful gardens with friends as they grow each year.
3. You can also compost your kitchen scraps and coffee grounds. This is a better option than any potting soil that you can buy at a hardware or nursery store. This recycling process benefits at a great price!
4. Pebbles and small rocks can be used as groundcover in gardens instead of mulch. This will help you save a lot of money since you won’t have to purchase mulch every year in spring and autumn.
5. You will save money in the long-term if you spend more on quality gardening tools now. You won’t have to buy new tools every year, so they will last years. The same goes for gardening gloves. Make sure to get the best quality you can afford to last season.